WEEKLY BIBLE READING PLAN & CATECHISM
CATECHISM YOUTUBE PLAYLIST
WEEK THIRTY NINE
- What simple, core concept did Jesus preach?
- How can you shift your perspective from the kingdoms of this world
to the kingdom of God?
- Seeing that John the Baptist and Jesus both focused on repentance,
what can you learn from this? How can we follow their examples
when we share the Gospel?
- Are you poor in spirit? Have you recognized your selfish spirit apart
from God? How does this verse connect to the central point of John
and Jesus’s teaching in the last 2 chapters?
• Which beatitude stands out to you the most? Why?
• What is the reward for being persecuted because of righteousness?
Does this change your perspective about what it means to be blessed?
If so, how?
• What does it mean to be the salt of the earth? What does it mean for
you to remain salty?
• What sorts of things are keeping you from fulfilling your role as salt
and light in the world?
• What kind of commandments do people tend to “relax.” these days? (v.19) What is the opposite of “relaxing” commandments? How can we find the right balance?
•How does disunity/broken relationships/anger hurt our relationship
with and worship of God? (v. 23-24)
• What was the most surprising thing to you that Jesus said in these
verses? How does that reveal more about His character?
• Is there anything the Lord has stirred in your heart as you read in
which you need to confess and repent?
• What is the broader principle that Jesus is teaching about in verses
• Since we might not really have enemies in the same way the lews
did, what kind of people might it be difficult for us to shoo love to?
• What specific ways can you show love to people who don’t love you
WEEKLY CATECHISM MEMORIZATION
Teaching the fundamental foundations of our faith in question & answer format
WEEK THIRTY NINE
Q: What is Heaven?
A: The future place where God will dwell with His people. There
will be a new heaven and a new earth, with no more sickness,
pain, or disease, and those who belong to Christ will enjoy
Him and their brothers and sisters in Christ, for eternity.